I will provide more details, but the basics are:
- Grey, Benny & Teddy took a hike in the Sierra Nevada of California
- We stayed the first night at Mono Hot Springs – a low-key spot 2h east of Fresno
- We started from Lake Thomas Edison, Camp Vermillion, 30mins further up the rustic road from Mono Hot Springs
- The area is part of the John Muir Wilderness, between Yosemite N.P. and Sequoia N.P.
- The trail was along Lake Edison and then toward Goodale Pass, but up to Graveyard Lakes
- Then over, off-trail, toward Peter Pande Lake, and onto the PCT / JMT toward Indian Head Lake and Squaw Lake to Warrior Lake and Silver Lake Pass
- From Silver Lake along PCT, the Vermillion Cliffs and back along the Vermillion Trail to Lake Edison and the namesake trailhead
- It was great
A beautiful little area to stay overnight above 10,000ft: Silver Pass Lakes
A fabulous siesta near Peter Pande Lake:
Wow – looking out to the south at some major High Sierra Peaks!
And looking north w/ Bridger Peak on the right in the distance. Mammoth Peak is to the rear in the center…this is at Silver Lake Pass.
And these are the dudes who did it. Nice! Mt. Izaak Walton in the rear.
Another selfie w/ me and those high peaks in the background. Sure was nice out there!