Expert Guide for ESG issues and Corporate Responsibility in Real Estate
Facilitating the transformation of the building industry toward sustainability. Empower the real estate sector to lead the transition to economic, social and environmental resilience which replenishes natural systems and enhances human vitality.
A seasoned subject matter expert and leader with deep knowledge of community sustainability issues – buildings, energy, materials, transportation, food, ecology, appropriate technology, and stakeholder engagement
• Strong experience in operations management, staff development, budgeting, public relations & communications, project marginal contribution analysis, logistics, hiring/terminating, reporting, strategic and tactical goal-setting
• Well-developed capacity and strong background in environmental education, sustainable design, recycling, agriculture, fundraising, ecotourism, and international sustainable/appropriate development
• Direct expertise in social enterprise consulting, organization structuring and business incubation
• Designated LEED AP (BD+C) and knowledgeable of green building issues and energy efficiency programs
• Also a WELL AP and proficient in guiding buildings toward optimal occupant health and wellness
• Professional and academic experience in land use issues, real estate finance and commercial real estate brokerage
• Naturally charismatic and outgoing personality, exceptional communication and problem-solving skills
Instructor, Harvard Extension School: “Green Buildings, Urban Resilience, and Sustainability in Communities” in the Sustainability Management Master’s Program
Consultant, providing ESG subject matter expertise and strategic guidance for small and medium-sized businesses
Impact Investment Lead at Placetailor, a design-build firm in Roxbury specializing in net-zero and passive house architecture and sustainable construction methods
Volunteer Outreach Coordinator, Tuesday Meals Program [free meal for the food insecure members of our community] at First Parish Cambridge
Executive Director at the US Green Building Council, Massachusetts Chapter in Boston, MA (2012-2017). Massachusetts has a vibrant green building industry, and I work to connect professionals across disciplines for the advancement of sustainable design in the built environment. The USGBC promotes the LEED building rating system, and I support all the LEED AP’s in the state. The Chapter is the hub for green building professionals for education, advocacy and community. We help maintain credentials, foster networking and mentorship, and push for legislation and regulations that support sustainable design. The building industry is responsible for a significant environmental impact, and by greening the buildings, we can improve the environment and our society in general.
Executive Director at Land’s Sake, Inc. (2005-2009), an educational community farm in Weston, MA. Oversaw expansion of land management, events, and educational programs. Responsible for managing eight year-round employees, supplemented by twelve seasonal workers and many volunteers. Determined and facilitated strategic objectives with Board, increased community support of the organization through partnerships, co-founded the Farm-Based Education Association in 2006. Had worked in other positions there since 2002.
Co-founding board member at Appropriate Infrastructure Development Group (AIDG) an international appropriate development enterprise incubator, based in Guatemala and Haiti. Founded in 2005.
• Facilitated initial build-out of the organization, staff development, strategic plan and ongoing growth
• Vetted series of incubee entrepreneurs and tactical alignment with our strategic goals, to support the private-sector development of renewable and sustainable energy, water and sanitation services
• Master of Public Administration, Harvard Kennedy School, specialization in Management, Decision Science, and Leadership, 2018
• Master of Science, London School of Economics: Real Estate Economics and Finance, 2000
• Bachelor of Science cum laude, University of Vermont College of Agriculture: Environmental Studies, 1996
• Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Design, Boston Architectural College, 2010
• Goodenough College (London UK), Trust Member and Social Chair, 1999- 2000; current Global Alumni Representative
• Cambridge Cooperative Club Trust: Member and Financial Manager, 2004 to 2020, current Trustee
• Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc., Quickbooks, Photoshop, WordPress
• Fluent in Portuguese and Spanish, conversational French